As Thanksgiving decor begins to blend with Christmas decor in my home and in my friend’s homes, I realize nothing is neglected or being cast aside. Instead each holiday and the symbols we set out to remind us of the seasons are appreciated together in harmony.
Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.Robert Casper Lintner
Gratefulness is a choice we make daily, all year long, not just on Thanksgiving. So, as we enter into another season, “Let the peace of God rule your heart. And be thankful!” (Collossians 3:15)
A thankful heart is a blessed and happy heart. It is a giving heart, one which reaches beyond itself and into the hearts of others, seeing the needs and hopes behind their eyes. It is a time we are reminded to be grateful both for provision and for abundance. We may be poor of possessions, but we all have been given a gift of great worth-The Gift of Jesus Christ, the “Son of God who became a man so we may become sons of God.” Max Lucado
Charlie Brown once asked, “Doesn’t anyone know what Christmas is really all about?”
YES! It is about the greatest gift of all-JESUS! God, who loved each of us-past, present, and future-so very much He sent his only son to become a gift for us. It is difficult to understand with logic and reason. This is where faith comes in. We all have it. We can decide to dig into the deepest part of ourselves and choose faith when rationality says not to.
And who is Jesus?
- Immanuel-God with us (Isaiah 7:14)
- The Light of the World (John 8:12)
- The Prince of Peace (Ephesians 2:14)
- The Indescribable Gift (2 Corinthians 9:15)
- Our Hope (1 Timothy 1:1)
And so much more! This gift is mine and yours! For this I am truly thankful!
So, let us follow the words of Jesus who called us to be like him. Choose this day to be:
- Thankful-we ALL have something to be thankful for. Even if it is this moment. If you cannot be grateful for this moment-then search your heart, seek His face, and ask Him to reveal His presence to you.
- Be Present!!
- Shine, Baby, Shine! You are a light in this world!
- Carry Peace with you. You can be a change agent in your area of influence.
- Give-of yourself, your time, your finances. Share your heart with those you love. Be sacrificial in your giving and do it with joy!
- Bring Hope! Encourage one another. Share hope with those who may have none.
I wish you many blessings in this season of Remebering! Let us together remember to have a grateful heart and remember the greatest gift of all as we give to one another.